Rodents are clever critters, and if there is a potential avenue into your house, they will likely find it. These pests understand that our homes offer safe shelter and plenty of food and water. As the temperatures get colder and we head toward winter, the chances of a rodent invasion increase, and once inside, these pests can be challenging to get rid of.
This article will explain the most common rodent species that get into local homes and the risks they pose to your health and property. We’ll also provide strategies to rodent-proof your property to keep these unwanted house guests out. Read on to learn how to achieve effective pest control in Dallas with the experts from Dynasty Pest.
Common Rodent Species: Identifying Different Types Of Rodents
The first step in successful pest control is identifying the rodent species infesting your home. The following list describes the most common types of rodents we find in Dallas homes:
- House mice have round, dusty gray bodies between 2 1/2 and 3 3/4 inches long, with large ears and a pointed muzzle.
- Norway rats have long bodies with coarse brown hair, blunt muzzles, and small ears and eyes.
- Roof rats have long, thin bodies, soft brown and black fur, and large ears and eyes.
If you need assistance identifying or removing rodents from your home, the pest control professionals at Dynasty Pest are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our rodent control services or to request a free quote.
The Rodent Menace: Understanding The Threat Of Uninvited Guests
Rodents are among the riskiest pests to have in your house. Both rats and mice pose a serious health risk, spreading diseases and contaminating your food and surfaces with dangerous bacteria. Their waste can also trigger allergy symptoms and asthma attacks.
Rodents in the walls are a significant threat to your home, and the sooner you can get them out of the house, the safer everyone will be. These pests create a fire hazard when they chew on wiring, a health risk when they contaminate insulation, and a property damage issue when they chew through drywall and pipes. Contact us today at Dynasty Pest for assistance in eliminating these pests and removing the threat to your family.
Rodent-Proof Your Property: Key Steps To Keep Unwanted Guests Away
After we eradicate your rodent infestation, it is time to take steps to ensure they won’t be coming back. Here are some effective ways to rodent-proof your property:
- House mice can fit into a hole as small as a dime and as wide as a pencil, so seal any cracks or gaps that could provide an entryway.
- Trim bushes away from the house and remove branches close to the roofline.
- Keep firewood and debris piles away from your home.
- Store food in airtight containers, avoid leaving pet or bird food in the garage, and dispose of garbage frequently in secure receptacles.
- Keep your home and storage areas clean and dry, reduce clutter as much as possible, and store boxes off the floor.
The rodent control professionals at Dynasty Pest can help with rodent exclusion and provide property-specific tips to keep these pests out. Contact us today to learn more about our rodent prevention and control services.
Professional Pest Control: The Most Effective Rodent Control Solution
The safest and most effective way to get rid of rats and mice is to work with a professional company that offers rodent control near you. Contact us today at Dynasty Pest to request a free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Dallas.